Save Face is a tabletop game for those who are doing or are going to do business with a Chinese partner.
The Eastern negotiation style and the manner of doing business differ a lot from the Western ones. It is noticed that the Western mind often finds it not easy to adapt to local Asian business practices. The Save Face game raises the most hot-button issues, assists in improving players’ understanding of the Asian mentality and develops specific practical skills for communication with the Chinese.
The Save Face game is good to:
- Improve players’ understanding of the Eastern mentality
- Develop the skills of adapting the Western style of communication to the Chinese one
- Open the ability to understand what a Chinese partner may have in mind when it is not communicated explicitly
- Provide the check-list of hot-button issues that one needs to be aware of when dealing with a Chinese business partner
How it is played
The game is represented by a playfield with a rotating arrow. There are eight Сhallenge cards lying on the field in the first round, and there is another set of eight Challenge cards for the second round. In the first round one of the players rotates the arrow and takes the Сhallenge card that the arrow will stop at. The player reads the task or question on the card and is trying to answer it. There is also a set of face cards (8 happy ones – Saved faces, and 8 sad ones – Lost faces) that the facilitator gives to the players depending on how successful they are with the task.
The first round of the game reveals the hot-button issues that one needs to be aware of when dealing with a Chinese business partner (like saving face, indirect communication style, etc.). It is actually a facilitator’s plan of the content they need to deliver to the group in any form. After the content is delivered, the second set of challenge cards is played. The game is best played in a group of 8-12 people, but can be adapted to more upon facilitator’s creative solution.
What’s in the box
- A beautifully designed playfield with a rotating arrow
- 8 challenge cards for the first round
- 8 challenge cards for the second round
- 16 face cards
- A guideline, tips and answers for the facilitator
Your Save Face game is produced upon order. It is available in English for international buyers for out-of-Russia use only. Other language versions of the game can be created upon request.
Price: 250 euro
Special price: 225 euro is valid for this game when you purchase three different games in one order.
- Visa / Mastercard online payment
- Bank transfer (for legal entities only)
* For online payments: You will be charged in Russian roubles, therefore due to the exchange difference, the price in euro that you will be actually charged from your card may be slightly (insignificantly) different.
* For bank transfers: The price is fixed and paid in euro. Bank commission to be paid by the buyer.
Country of origin: Russian Federation
The shipping cost is not included in the game price and is subject to additional payment (around 30 euro per order (not per game) to a European country).
The shipping cost is calculated upon receiving your order.
How to make an order
- Push the ORDER button and it will take you to the CONTACT form
- Send the game author a message saying what games and how many of them you would like to order (for ordering 3 or more games a 10% discount is applied)
- Should you need a larger number of materials that the basic set provides, you can request for a price calculation for any number of materials you would like to get.
- Mention the preferable payment method (if you chose a bank transfer, please provide full legal details of the Buyer company).
- If you are making the order as a legal entity, you will be required to sing a sales contract.
- You can ask questions in this message, if necessary.
- After receiving your message, the game author will calculate your order price including discounts and shipping cost and will send you a detailed pro-forma invoice. After you authorise the proforma-invoice you will be issued a payment invoice or will get link for your online payment.
- After your payment is received by the author, your order will be put to production (depending on the volume this may take up to 2 weeks, normally 1)
- After your order is produced it will be sent to you by EMS post (usually it takes about 1-2 weeks to get to a European country, as an example).
- All rights reserved. The products being sold on the web-sites mentioned above are Maria Todosiychuk’s intellectual property protected by the Law. No part of no game (be it designs, texts or the methodology of conducting and debriefing) is allowed to be copied.
- No game purchased by the Buyer is intended for further sale. All of them are for the Buyer’s professional training usage only.
- By making a payment you agree with the order terms and conditions (Public Offer Agreement)